Tuesday 26 April 2011

Literally PRINT TO PIXEL :')

Right, so I have now decided that I am going to use my original drawn character, but put it on the computer, and 'pixel' it up!

For example here is my original hand drawn image:


Which, on Photoshop, I turned into firstly:


After I had created this one, I decided to draw a robot that was facing the side, to see what it'd be like when the robots are playing ping pong, so using the method of cell animation, I drew a robot facing the side, using tracing paper over the top of the original drawing, so to keep them the same height etc

I drew it straight away in pen, so I made a few mistakes, however I decided they could be easily rectified on Photoshop:

tracing paper on top of original
on its own
So then I did some erasing and paint bucketing on Photoshop, and created this:


Hahaha, sounds so quick! However, it took me a while to fix up the picture, and to decide on which shades of grey to use where etc, I took some print screens of the process (see if you notice the changes in my wallpaper on my computer, bearing in mind the wall paper changes every 15 mins..) :

erasing mistakes..
When I'd first filled it in..
Added some colour for the lights on the panel..

Started to match the colouring on the original robot psd file..

I then started to outline features in black
(OHAI Aaron Johnson wallpaper ;) hahha!)

Half way outlined in black, and I think it looks best outlined definitely!

Some lovely wallpaper of Charlie Fink.. oh and my finished outlined robot ;) haha

So I started to properly match all final colours to the first robot...

i-dentibots.. apart from the outline,which I swiftly did and....

 Voila! Two matching, yet differently poised, robots:



    

Next I decided to horizontally flip the robot, to make the opponent robot; I also made another layer which contains a ping pong paddle:

That'll do for now!

laine.x

No comments:

Post a Comment